Airsoft games are very fun and interesting. If you want to improve your game experience, you may need a few accessories. Some people prefer playing a full tactical game inclusive of an airsoft smoke grenade.
If you are such a person, you will need to find a list of the best smoke grenades for airsoft on the market. We have come up with a list of products we found to be good for playing airsoft.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
|Adventure Awaits! - Baby Gender Reveal & for Other Festivals- Color Dispenser 12" x 6-Pack Hand Held Air Filled Party Popper, Also for Color Run Festival Product (Baby Blue)||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Top||Colorful Pull Ring Smoke Tube - Rainbow 6 Pack||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Legend & Co., Baby Gender Reveal Powder Cannons | Air Compressed Party Poppers | Bonus Feature: Small Color Check Window to View Contents | ( 2 Pink & 2 Blue)||CHECK ON AMAZON|
1. Colorful Pull Ring Smoke Tube – Rainbow 6 Pack
- Receive 6 Unique Random Colors!
- Each runs for approximate 90 seconds
- Highest quality available on the market guaranteed
Last update on 2021-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This pack of 6 colorful pull-ring smoke tubes is perfect as a distraction on the airsoft field. You receive 6 rainbow colors including pink, white, purple, green, and orange; and each runs for approximately a minute and a half — just enough time to get the shot in or sneak away from rivals on the other team.
It’s worth noting that these smoke tubes, along with any other, should not be used in an indoor airsoft arena. After you pull the ring, throw it in the direction of the rival players and do not touch it until either the game is over or when it has completely released all of the smoke. The tubes do emit some heat.
They also emit a somewhat unpleasant (but not overbearing) odor, although it’s not toxic or harmful to people. If you don’t want all of the colors or need a specific color for your team to identify, you can message the seller and they will customize your pack of 6.
What We Like:
- Comes in a pack of 6 with 6 different colors
- Colors can be customized to your preference if need be
- Easy pull pin
- Thick and vibrant smoke
- Lasts for a good minute and a half so that you can make your escape or drive out your rivals
What We Don’t Like:
- Releases some heat and odor. Not great for indoor airsoft
- A little on the pricey side
2. Color Dispenser 6-Pack Hand Held Air Filled Party Popper
- BIODEGRADEABLE CARDBOARD (NOT PLASTIC LIKE SOME OTHER BRANDS) & 100% SAFE CORNSTARCH POWDER, MULTI-COLORS IN THIS 6-PACK WITH PLENTY OF POWDER: Green, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Blue and Orange. EASY TO USE: Hand held, easy to use Color Dispenser; Just twist to pop.
- GREAT FOR CELEBRATIONS: Baby Gender Reveals, Concerts, Color Runs, and much more!!
- WHAT'S INSIDE: Choose either 6 PINK, 6 BLUE, or 3 PINK & 3 BLUE. Package includes SIX dispensers. Made with 100%, Biodegradable SAFE cornstarch powder. For more variety of colors, please check our other listing on Amazon, B01LWN2VP9 (add this code in your search bar browser and search)
- BE SAFE: Recommended for Adult use only. Should only be used outdoors.
- IMPORTANT COLOR MARKING: All dispensers are marked with colored foil on top. If you don't want others to see color, use spray paint or marker to cover the color. USE ONCE: Each dispenser can only be used once.
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Available in baby blue, pink, or a multicolored option, these color dispensers are a 6-pack full of color and fun. This is a “twist and pop” option, rather than a pin-pull option, so it’s still an incredibly easy smoke device to use during an airsoft game.
The ingredients used are a natural and biodegradable cornstarch powder, so these smoke grenades won’t harm the players and won’t leave a mess on the airsoft field. Though this is made with safe ingredients, it’s still manufactured for outdoor use. Avoid using indoors unless you’re inside a large, well-ventilated airsoft facility.
These are slightly less effective than the other options on our list, as the smoke — though thick — will only linger in the air for around 30 seconds to a minute (at the very most). It’s definitely a “getaway quick” option if ever you or your team get in a sticky situation on the field.
What We Like:
- The twist and pop mechanism is easy to use and quick, making it great for airsoft matches
- Available in blue, pink, our multi-color options
- Made with natural ingredients (cornstarch) that are safe for people
- The colors are bright and the smoke is thick
What We Don’t Like:
- Smoke only releases and lingers for around 30 seconds, give or take a little — really only useful for quick getaways or distractions
3. Legend & Co. Powder Cannons
- 🎉ANXIETY FREE : Each cannon has a window which allows you to conveniently check the color of the contents! When it's time for the reveal, simply cover the hole with the black stickers provided.
- 🎉Comes with 2 Pink + 2 Blue: If you are looking for a unique and carefree gender reveal these will be a hit!
- 🎉Improved Design: We have updated our release mechanism, making it easier to twist!
- 🎉ZERO cleanup: We use colored cornstarch just like you would see at fun runs.
- 🎉 How to use: Hold with bottom to ground or to the side of body. Hold top and twist base firmly. All cannons have a kick and a nice audible *pop*.
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With over 400 positive reviews, the Legend & Co. Powder Cannons are a go-to option for airsoft smoke devices. Four cannons are included in two pinks and two blue colors. Like the previous set of cannons, the powder is biodegradable and dissipates, so there’s no cleanup necessary.
However, these are best for short distractions — either to get away or quickly charge an opponent on the airsoft field, as the powder doesn’t linger in the air for longer than 30-45 seconds (depending on the weather conditions and wind speed) at most. On the bright side, the color is very bright and distracting and the plume of smoke is pretty large.
What We Like:
- Affordable, great for those on a budget
- Over 400 positive reviews
- The powder isn’t harmful to people, biodegrades, and leaves behind no stains or messes
- The plume of smoke is large and colorful, perfect for fast distractions
What We Don’t Like:
- Doesn’t last as long as other options on our list — better for quick getaways or charges
- Only comes in pink and blue
From one of the most renowned airsoft shops in the United States, this Enola Gaye Airsoft Wire Pull Smoke Grenade is a must-have for the serious airsoft player. It’s available in nine different colors including blue, white, pink, orange, green, black, yellow, purple, and red; and features a thick cloud of smoke that lasts approximately 30 seconds or longer.
The wire pull mechanism gives an extra inch of that realistic feel on the airsoft field, and the smoke exiting from both ends of the grenade helps it to disperse evenly, temporarily blinding the senses of your opponents.
Overall, Enola Gaye knows what they’re doing. So if you want an airsoft-centered option, this may be the way to go.
What We Like:
- A thick plume of smoke is released from both ends of the grenade
- The color is rich and distracting
- Available in 9 different colors
- Wire pull mechanism adds more realism to the game
- Manufactured and sold by some of the top companies in the airsoft industry
What We Don’t Like:
- Not a pack. Only one grenade per purchase
- Burns pretty quickly
Yet another Evike product, this smoke grenade has a realistic appearance to that of authentic military and law enforcement devices. It’s available in 5 different colors and has an impressive burn time of 1 minute so that your opponents on the airsoft field are incapacitated whenever they’re in the line of fire.
It releases a very thick plume of smoke with bright colors to distract and temporarily blind your rivals so that you can make your move. The military spoon-style ignition mechanism adds another touch of realism to this puppy and is surprisingly simple to operate.
Unlike the previous Evike smoke grenade item, this smoke grenade only dispenses smoke from one end of the tube, though it won’t negate its effectiveness.
Choose from white, green, blue, orange, purple, or red smoke and watch in satisfaction as you and your team take over the match.
What We Like:
- Comes in 5 colors to choose from: white, green, blue, orange, purple, and red
- Has a great smoking duration of 1 minute
- An extremely thick cloud of smoke is released
- Colors are bright and distracting
- Casing in realistic to military and law enforcement devices
- The military spoon-style ignition mechanism is easy to activate and adds more realism to the experience of using this product
What We Don’t Like:
- On the expensive side. Might not be the best option if you’re looking for a budget buy
- Smoke only dispenses from one end, though this may not have much of a negative effect on its quality
Airsoft Smoke Grenade Education
Things to Consider
Before you purchase any smoke grenade, there are several factors you need to consider. These factors will determine the best type of smoke grenade for your needs.
Coverage is the area smoke from a smoke grenade will cover. Different types of smoke grenades have different coverage. Knowing the size of the area you will be using the grenade will help you determine coverage.
In airsoft smoke grenades, coverage is measured in cubic feet. Smoke grenades usually have coverage of approximately 10,000 cubic feet to 500,000 cubic feet.
Type of smoke
The type of smoke emitted is another thing you should consider. For instance, windy areas will require a smoke grenade with heavy smoke. This is because the wind tends to clear the smoke faster than you would anticipate.
Color of smoke
Color is another important factor to consider. Try and get a color that matches with your airsoft game outfit. This way, the smoke will help to increase your cover or alert your team.
If you are working on a budget, find one that meets your requirements at an affordable price. Smoke grenades that are more realistic will likely cost more money than airsoft smoke grenades that are minimalistic in appearance.
The location is also a crucial factor to consider. In this case, we are talking about whether you are playing indoors or outdoors. Indoor game parks require light smoke since the smoke will not be affected by wind and other external factors.
How Airsoft Grenades Work
An airsoft smoke grenade produces harmless, bright-colored smoke to create smoke screens for airsoft games. They are great as protective shields from opponents and they produce smoke that lasts from approximately thirty seconds to 1 and a half minutes. These smoke grenades cover outdoor areas of about 30,000 cubic feet to 500,000 cubic feet.
The two types of airsoft smoke grenades are flameless and standard. The latter are ignited manually and give 30,000 cubic feet to 100,000 cubic feet.
Smoke comes out in bright orange colors and can last up to four minutes. To set off a smoke grenade, you need to pull the pin.
As for the flameless type, a battery using 9 volts of power is used to ignite the grenade. They are best used for large smoke screens that can be ignited remotely.
If you want to purchase airsoft smoke grenades, go for one that meets your needs. Time limits vary from one make and model of a smoke grenade to another.
This means you need to search for one that gives you the exact or approximate duration you want it to last. When it comes to smoke range, get one that fits the area you are using to play.
30,000 cubic feet of smoke should be sufficient if you are in a small airsoft field. Larger fields will need grenades that cover as much as 500,000 cubic feet.
If you prefer, you can use several small smoke grenades to cover a large playing field. However, never use large smoke grenades to cover small areas.
You may find you want a smoke grenade that covers large areas and lasts for a long time. Going for one above of what you require is not ideal. It may make your strategies fail or backfire on you.
Hype up the Game
During an airsoft game, using some airsoft smoke grenades can make your game more realistic. After all, today’s games are not only about airsoft BBs.
Mines and bombs are used in realistic battlefields. This means airsoft grenades will come in handy whether you use them for protecting a base or concealing an attack.
Of course, lethal explosives are not allowed in any airsoft game. Since these games are simulations of realistic military situations, players can use replicas of claymores, mines, grenade launchers, and grenades.
Take note these gadgets do not contain any live explosives. Citric acid and green gas are commonly used to power these weapons.
Airsoft Smoke Grenade 2 Best Brands
Enola Gaye is the longest-serving pyrotechnic company in Europe. It manufactures pyrotechnics for the airsoft and paintball industries.
Founded in 1996, the brand had an idea to manufacture a pyrotechnic paint grenade that was biodegradable and similar to the real grenade. The idea was to develop a product using paper pulp that looked like an egg box.
Previously the company was known as Astra Fireworks. It offered a similar pyrotechnic made using polystyrene and it was painted black.
The product blasted into many white pieces that were un-biodegradable. This did not work for paintball fields and parks looking to keep their lands tidy.
This is the company in charge of manufacturing Empire BT m8 and M12 airsoft smoke grenades. Evike has been known to offer its consumers the perfect experience.
To achieve their vision, they have vowed to be the most respected and successful business in America. Evike is the leader in the paintball and airsoft smoke grenade industry due to their hard work, willingness to invest back into the industry, vision, integrity, thirst for perfection, and dedication to their customers.
For more than ten years, the company has been the global developer, innovator, leading distributor, and most trusted brand of airsoft equipment. They are also the exclusive maker, service center, and representation of many of the premier airsoft brands in commercial, training, and sports markets.
At Evike’s core, a personal touch, safety, innovation, and passion for quality in customer support makes them second to none.
The company has an international array of strategic partners that spans the globe. Countries included are South America, Europe, Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, and the United States. They are proud to have the largest showroom, airsoft convention, warehouse, high-end airsoft distribution network, and largest staff.
Airsoft Smoke Grenade FAQs
Q: Is it legal to own a smoke grenade?
A: As long as you are above 18 years old, it is not illegal to use them. It is also not illegal to buy them. Just seek permission or use them on your land.
If you cause a disturbance or panic, then you are certainly breaking the law. It is advisable you use discretion, get the necessary permissions, or use them where they are not restricted.
Q: Do Airsoft Smoke Grenades Smell?
A: Yes. Airsoft smoke grenades do have somewhat of an unpleasant smell, however, it’s not unbearable.
Q: What Is The Average Duration Of A Smoke Grenade?
A: On average, a smoke grenade will last a minimum of around thirty seconds and a maximum of a minute and a half (for the most common devices).
Q: Can you Transport Airsoft Smoke Grenades on a Plane?
A: Smoke grenades, especially those used in airsoft games, are not illegal. However, they are prohibited from being brought onto an airplane. The main reason is the smoke may be accidentally released and fill the cabin. This may in turn cause panic among the passengers and crew. Additionally, it may enter the cockpit and disorient the pilots.
Q: Do Smoke Grenades Get Hot?
A: All airsoft grenades produce smoke due to friction fuse, pulling of a ring or wire, or similar ignition. These grenades produce smoke using a formula developed to burn without the need of using atmospheric oxygen.
As such, the casing of the grenade may get a tad warm. However, you shouldn’t get burned by an airsoft smoke grenade that you set off.
Airsoft Smoke Grenade Wrap-up
Well, there you have it! Our picks for the best smoke grenades for airsoft.
For determined airsoft players or those who prefer realism, we recommend Enola Gaye smoke grenades. These are of better quality than the rest. If you feel they do not meet your standards, the other option would be going for the 6-pack Colorful Smoke Tubes.
From the information above, you should be able to choose a good airsoft smoke grenade. Use our well-researched education to help you understand all things smoke grenades.
Airsoft grenades are a great addition to any airsoft game. Using them will give you a better experience during gameplay. Make sure you use smoke grenades in designated areas such as airsoft game parks.